Installing Hitch Wiring
The Toyota RAV4 is a mini SUV designed for family recreation as well as light off-road. It can tow small loads which make it ideal for handling and other functions that require a trailer. If you already have a trailer hitch on the market or to purchase one, the lights of the trailer must be properly connected to the vehicle. For that to happen, you need a trailer wiring and small amount of time. After a few key steps, trailer harness can be installed in a short amount of time.
Steps to Install Hitch Wire
• Open the hatch to the RAV4. Use the removal tool of the inner panel to remove the central panel on the floor of the trunk. Use a ¼-inch ratchet and socket with a Phillips screwdriver to remove the bolts that hold the side panels in place. Use the tool panel to help you remove the panels and set them aside.
• Find the port on the back of the driver’s side taillights. Unplug the wiring connected to the port. Connect the wiring harness to the trailer socket wiring aftermarket and aftermarket wiring in the door on the tail light. Repeat the process for the tail light is located on the passenger side.
• Use a drill and screws to secure the white wire from the wiring side guide plate surrounding. Use a pair of wire strippers to strip the end of aftermarket kits “black wire and the red wire of the beams’ check box. Use a connector yellow head and a pair of climbers wire to connect the stripped wires together.
• Insert the black wire through the hole located underneath the driver’s side taillights. By using the tape provided with the kit, fix the box trailer to the inner panel. Put the interior panels in place and lock them again downwards with the hardware manufacturer.
• Route the black wire to the front of the RAV4. Make use of cable ties to secure the cable length to the frame. Route the cable in the engine compartment, cut to length and strip the end. Use a pair of wire climbers and a butt connector yellow to connect a cable to the black wire fuse. Use a spanner to attach the other end of the fuse wire to the positive terminal of the battery. Put the fuse holder.