What Size Garage Door Opener Do I Need? Sizing Up the Options
So you’ve recently had a garage door repaired or installed. Do you know what size of garage door opener I need? We are here to help!
Garages are great. You have a safe place to keep your vehicle in, and you can store hardware supplies and seasonal decorations out there, or you can stash anything in a garage you don’t want in your house.
Garage door openers in the form of a remote are handy gadgets. Say you are pulling up in your driveway and don’t want to get out of your car to press the button or code on the side of the garage to open it. This is where a garage door remote shines! It does the dirty work for you.
There are different types of garage door openers. You can pick the one which suits your needs best. If you have large hands, you probably don’t want a teeny tiny one. Vice versa for those of us who have small hands; we don’t want a great big remote to fiddle with.
We are here to help! We are going to answer your queries and go through some products you might find helpful.
- The short answer:
- The long answer:
- Products we recommend:
- Our final answer
The short answer:
You want to get a garage door opener that has enough power to signal to the garage that it is time to open. Therefore, you might want to spend a little more money to make sure it works each and every time correctly.
The best garage door remote for you is one which has the right amount of power and is comfortable for you to use.
The long answer:
Certain things in life come down to personal preference. Garage door openers are one of those things. We are going to recommend some products that we have researched that we think are good options.
It’s essential to get the right equipment to play a sport. If you want to play soccer, you need a ball. If you're going to play baseball, you need a bat. If you'd like to play golf, you need clubs. That same logic follows with hardware items.
No one wants to get out of the car in the pouring down rain or wade through the snow to get to the side of the garage to punch in the code to open their door. Especially after a long day of school or work, all you want is to have things around you to make life a little easier. So you need a garage door opener.
Having a code to open the garage is still a good idea. In case the batteries in the remote lose their juice, or you left it somewhere, it is always a smart idea to have a backup.
Garage door remote control openers are amazing little gadgets. Why? Because you can keep them in your car or handbag or wherever you need it and will always be able to open your garage with minimal effort. These little bits of plastic and metal are real game changers.
You also want to get a garage door opener that suits the size of your garage. Some garage openers are more potent than others and are better suited for large garages. However, most of us have single, or two car garages, in which case the products we will be reviewing of you will work just fine.
Specifically, which size garage door opener do you need? Well, that depends on you and your routine and needs. This is why we are now going to review a list of some products that you can then use to make the most informed decision on the proper size garage opener for you.
Products we recommend:
We’ve done the heavy lifting for you and compiled a list of the five best remote control garage door openers available from Amazon. You could also go into a home improvement store and ask for their recommendations, but at least our list gives you a place to start.
- Features two buttons to control up to two garage doors or gates. The chamberlain universal remote can even operate up to...
- Programming is easy. The chamberlain universal remote programs wirelessly to the garage door opener and does not require...
- The Clicker is compatible with Genie, Linear, Stanley, Overhead Door, Wayne-Dalton, Craftsman, Chamberlain, LiftMaster,...
The Chamberlain Group offers a one year warranty on all accessory products such as the Universal 2-Button Garage Door Opener Remote.
- Be Smart: Make your existing garage door smart. Remote and Voice Control, just tapping the meross /'mɪrɚs/ app from...
- Compatibility Check: Please scroll down and check in the "Technical Specification - Application Guide" whether your...
- Multiple Notification Modes: Stay alert by different notification modes such as garage door open/ close status, overtime...
Meross does not offer any warranties on any of their products. However, Amazon has a solid return policy on which you can rely.
- INTELLICODE SECURITY TECHNOLOGY: The Genie G3T 3-Button garage door opener remote keeps your home safe by using rolling...
- AUTO-SEEK DUAL FREQUENCY: The Genie G3T garage door opener remote accesses strong, secure signals to minimize...
- WORKS WITH: This garage door opener remote can operate up to 3 Genie garage door openers manufactured 1997-present. Up...
Each device comes with a one year warranty.
- New free in-garage delivery with key by amazon. Prime members in select areas can opt in with the myQ smart garage hub...
- Get $30 Amazon credit after your first key by Amazon in-garage delivery. Key by Amazon promotion applies to eligible...
- Smart garage control open and close your garage door from anywhere with your smartphone through the myQ App
You get the WiFi hub, door sensor, power adapter, mounting hardware, batteries, and the app all included in a single purchase. The MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener comes with a one year warranty from the Chamberlain Group.
We were unable to find warranty information regarding this product; however, as we have already mentioned, Amazon has a return and refund policy if this device doesn’t work out for you.
Our final answer
So, there we have five different garage door openers at various price points and in a multitude of sizes. Our personal favorite, which we think is worth the money, is the MyQ Smart Garage Door Opener from the Chamberlain Group. Especially if you are technology-oriented, but even if you aren’t, this product comes with everything you need and is simple to use.
However, if you still prefer an old-school approach with a clicker, then we like the 3-Button Garage Door Opener Remote by Genie. It is not the least expensive remote on our list, but it has a good warranty, and you can program up to three doors on it and give access to up to three people.
All in all, the size garage door opener you need depends on your preference. Technology allows us to do amazing things, so take advantage of the security these devices can provide. Hopefully, now you feel better informed to purchase a garage door opener!
Featured Image Source: pixabay