Best Truck Bed Bike Rack Reviews
Bike Racks are one of the most important and economical add-ons to trucks and pickups. This exceptional accessory for trucks has the capacity to carry and transfer different things from one place to another without a sweat. Saving you from high-priced moving truck rentals, this truck utility rack is all you need to transport your things just in time you needed it most!
As known to motorists, trucks and pickups are automotive vehicles specifically designed for transporting goods. This type of vehicle was built using larger and heavier parts that makes it exceptional for carrying various loads. However, most truck beds have a smaller or limited space to accommodate things in volume. Therefore, a truck rack or pick up rack is needed to fill up that limitation.
No products found.
Editor’s Recommendation: Top 5 Truck Bed Bike Rack
- 5 Best Bike Racks for Truck Beds
- 1. Heininger Automotive 2025 Advantage SportsRack BedRack Review
- 2.Traps 35″ Triple Bike Track, Van/SUV or Truck Bed, TRK33
- 3. Top Line UG2500-2 Uni-Grip Truck Bed Bike Rack for 2 Bike Carrier
- 4. Swagman Bicycle Carriers Pick Up Adjustable Truck Bed Bike Rack
- 5.Titan Ramps Pick Up Truck Bed Box Mounted Carrier Stand 1 2 3 4 Bike Rack Bicycle transport
- Types of Bike Rack
5 Best Bike Racks for Truck Beds
What’s great about these bike racks for trucks is the fact that they aren’t hanging suspended in air while in transport, therefore you are much assured of its safety. There won’t be any kind of damage to your bike during instances of impact, nor would it be rattled too hard either because its entire weight rests on the bed of the truck.
Now let’s take a look at the next bike rack that we have, which is the Heininger Automotive 2025 Advantage SportsRack BedRack. Is this finally the one that you’ve been looking for? You will soon find out.
Heininger Automotive 2025 Advantage SportsRack BedRack at a Glance
Here are the features that the Heininger Automotive 2025 Advantage SportsRack BedRack has to offer:
- The Heininger Automotive 2025 can carry up to 4 bikes in your truck bed
- No need to remove the wheels
- It assembles quickly and there are no more tools required to do it
- It already comes with a lockable cable.
- This unit can extend from 54.5 inches to 66.5 inches without a spacer, and if with its included full-sized spacer, can extend from 60.5 inches all the way to 72.5″
- It uses a system that will not scratch your truck paint and a soft padding so the bike finish will have protection as well.
- Bonus: It can also be used as a standalone bike rack (without the truck)
- Weighs 22 lbs.
- Measures 31” by 27” by 6”
- Is backed by a limited lifetime warranty
2.Traps 35″ Triple Bike Track, Van/SUV or Truck Bed, TRK33
Pipeline Racks racks are what you need to upgrade the performance of your Basic or Deluxe Sport Rack. The innovative design of this product allows you to install it easily. This rack system is adjustable to a truck which is at least 58.5 inches wide. And if you have a shorter cargo, you can buy an additional crossbar to secure it properly. The powder coat finish will provide a great look to the overall design of your rig.
There simply are too many bike racks for trucks that are for sale out there, and it’s only but natural to get confused as to which one will be suitable for all your needs. And besides, they all look the same, except for some additional functions and features which you’ll find out through continuous use. But let us try to find out if the Pipeline Racks really is as good as what other people say it is. Is this the one? Only way to find out is if you keep on reading all about it.
Pipeline Racks at a Glance
Here are the features that the Pipeline Racks 3-Bike rack has to offer:
- The Pipeline Racks is a bike rack that can accommodate 3 bikes at the the same time, and are made especially for for pick-up truck beds
- Can also be placed inside SUV’s
- Can put bike with .75 inch to 2.8 inch Tires
- It also has tie down hooks, to help stop it from slipping anytime during transport.
- Perfect option for transporting bikes in a pickup truck bed
- No holes or drilling required to install it
Now if you got a pick up truck and are in search of a bike rack that would be compatible with it, then it isn’t too hard to do that. Just make sure that you do your research well and look for a suitable bike rack for trucks. It is for this very reason that we decided to help, so if you are indeed looking for bike racks for trucks then you have come to the right place. We have chosen five of the best truck bike racks out there and these are what we have come upon—the first one being the Top Line UG2500-2 Truck Bed Bike Rack. Is this going to be worth it? Read on and find out for yourself.
Top Line UG2500-2 Truck Bed Bike Rack at a Glance
These are the features that the Topline Mfg UG25002 Truck Bed Bike Rack has to offer:
- The Top Line UG2500-2 Truck Bed Bike Rack uses a pretty awesome system that can accommodate up to 2 bikes on the bed of your pick up truck
- It no longer requires any kind of drilling of truck bed or rail
- Absolutely no more need for the front wheel of your bike to be removed
- Bikes can immediately go in standing up.
- This unit can fit any pick up truck, whether you have a long or short bed, may it be foreign or locally built.
- It can be mounted within two minutes
- No more need for an expensive and bulky receiver or ball hitch
- Weighs only 4 lbs.
- Measures 11.5 x 21.8 x 2.8 inches
And the very last product that we have on the bike racks for trucks list that we have is a Yakima product which is the Swagman Bicycle Carriers Truck Bed bike Rack. When it comes to bike racks and bike accessories, Swagman can definitely be considered as one of the best brands out there. When it comes to durability, ruggedness, and price, Swagman is at par with other leading brands. But can the same thing be said about the Swagman Pick Up Adjustable Truck Bed Bike Rack? Only way to find out is to keep on reading what this one has to offer.
Swagman Bicycle Carriers at a Glance
Here are the features that the Swagman Bicycle Carriers Rack has to offer:
- The Swagman can support up to two bikes at a time.
- It showcases a truck bed rack system that is unique and can fit varying truck sizes from the compact, to the mid-range all the way to the full-sized trucks
- Can also work with bed liners.
- Fork bike mount design to maximize its stability and rigidity.
- To protect your truck’s paint, it has soft foam pads for that purpose.
- It features the Wonder Wedge that makes it possible for everything to be stable during transport without the need for drilling holes.
- Weighs only 12 lbs.
5.Titan Ramps Pick Up Truck Bed Box Mounted Carrier Stand 1 2 3 4 Bike Rack Bicycle transport
Next we have the TMS 4 Bike Bicycle Rack Carrier Pick up Truck Bed Mounted. There are a lot of people who prefer trucks more than the other vehicles, because of how useful it is, and because of all the room that it offers, that is why bike racks for trucks go perfectly well with it. It’s an ingenious way of carrying your bikes with you on long trips, without worrying that something bad will happen to it, like scratches, dents and other unfortunate incidents that could damage your bike—and also your truck.
Now let’s continue with our review and find out what the TMS 4-Bike Bicycle Rack Carrier is made of. Is it the one? Can it be depended on? Will it suit your tastes, or are you better off with its other counterparts? Let’s see what the real score is on this one. Will you end up loving it, or will you be wishing that you got your truck something else? Keep on reading to find out what the answers are to these questions.
TMS 4 Bike Bicycle Rack Carrier at a Glance
Check out what the TMS 4 Bike Bicycle Rack Carrier Pick up Truck Bed Mounted has to offer the bike enthusiast:
- The TMS 4 Bike Bicycle Rack Carrier is designed to accommodate up to four bikes even with different rim and wheel size.
- It can fit both compact-sized and full-sized truck beds
- It will secure bikes that have rim sizes up to a maximum of 28 inches, and are fully assembled.
- This unit secures along the inner walls of your truck bed and effectively makes use of its rubberized lateral stabilizers that can be fully adjusted and twists into place using a wingnut bype screws
- It requires no tools for quick assembly
- It will not scratch truck paint either, and it has a soft padding that will protect your bike’s finish
- It can extend from 54.5 inches to 67 inches without a spacer and extends from 60 5/8 inches up to 73 and 1/4 inches with a full-sized spacer.
- Weighs only 26 lbs.
Types of Bike Rack
Roof rack car bike racks
One of the most commonly seen form factors on cars, trucks, and SUVs all across the world, the roof rack is a favorite of many. Basically a car rack system that snaps right onto the already installed roof bars of your vehicle, this is a fantastic option for people who are looking for a cheap and simple set up. You’re basically leveraging parts of your car that you didn’t have to pay for or install on your own, and setup is a breeze.
There are a couple of problems going with a roof rack for your selection though. One, your vehicle may not have the installed roof racks already and an aftermarket upgrade could be pretty expensive. You’d also have to leave your car at the shop for an indeterminate time, which is a major inconvenience. And even if your vehicle does have the included racks, your bikes will most likely need to be strapped in vertically – a problem for any person of a shorter stature. Loading and unloading bikes will take place above your shoulders and could get potentially dangerous in heavily wooded areas or inclement weather, not to mention you’ll need to be constantly on the lookout for low hanging obstructions as you drive.
The hitch rack car bike racks
These are super simple to install and very easy to use car bike racks. Attaching directly to your vehicles tow hitch in just a matter of seconds, you have an amazingly strong platform for securing and transporting your bikes. No heavy lifting, no odd contortions you need to put your body through to load and unload, this is a dream system and set up for many people in the biking community. The bikes are safe and sound securely behind your vehicle.
There are a couple of problem areas here too that need to be addressed. For one, there is a ground clearance issue that you’ll need to be constantly aware of as well as a lengthening of your vehicle that may not be apparent when you don’t have bikes in the rack but it’s still installed. Parking is especially affected, as is turning and reversing your vehicle. You may also suffer from loss of rear view out the back window when you’re driving with loaded hitch car bike racks.
The trunk clip car bike racks
Super minimalist, these simple little car bike racks attach with some straps directly to your car’s trunk portion with a couple of arms or a tie down system coming out and up for attaching your bike for transport. Easy to unload and load as well as being relatively cheap and inexpensive (with the added bonus of a super easy installation) this makes these car bike racks a very smart buying decisions.
But there are a couple risks entailed, and many of them similar to the hitch systems. You’ll definitely loose a bit of rear window visibility when this system is in use, but driving and parking while empty shouldn’t be affected. The other problem is that with your bike or bikes bouncing around there could be some serious cosmetic damage done to the rear of your vehicle – and even though there are some innovative systems to minimize the risk they are never 100%.
Last update on 2021-01-24 at 19:04 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API