What is the purpose of waxing a car? Some may believe that it is only for the die-hard car lovers who simply want to make their car shine. However, waxing a car is more than a principle of exhibition. In this guide, we will explain why you should wax your car regularly, and provide some options to help you choose the best car buffer for the job.
The Importance of Waxing a Car
It is a vital step to preserving the exterior of your vehicle. There are several benefits to waxing that may convince you to consider making it a part of your regular car maintenance.
- Protects the clear coat and paint from sun damage, which will prevent color fade and paint peel
- Provides a protective sealant, preventing damage caused by bugs, road debris, tar, and airborne contaminants
- Prevents chips in the paint
- Makes minor scratches less apparent
- Protects exterior from water damage and rust
- Preserves exterior appeal and keeps the resale value at a high
- Prolongs the clear coating
- Makes your car easier to wash
- Enhances the appearance of your vehicle
Using a Buffer
Investing in a car buffer to wax your vehicle has several benefits. Not only can buffing your car by hand be time-consuming, it can also be exhausting to perform the task manually. Using an orbital buffer can help you to get the job done more quickly and reduce the labor involved, making it less strenuous.
If you don’t have an electric buffer, purchasing one may seem overwhelming, since there are many options to choose from. With so many descriptive features and variable prices, it could be confusing to know which one to select. That is why we have done the work for you, combing through several car buffer brands to help you choose the best car buffer for you.
How We Chose Our Ratings
To come up with the best car buffer, we considered several variables. After giving a basic analysis of each product, we rated each buffer in order of the best overall product according to several elements that included the following:
Features and benefits: Most people want to get the best product for their dollar. To compare each buffer to the next, we carefully assessed specific characteristics, such as features, speed, power, warranty, and inclusions.
Quality: You want to buy a buffer that is going to last you for a long time. We considered the durability of the product as well as the material used to make it.
Ease of Use: Some buffers were more convenient to use than others, having special hand grips or longer cords. The easier a product is to handle, the more likely you are to use it.
Best Car Buffer: Out Top 10 Picks
Porter-Cable 7424XP 6-inch Variable-Speed Polisher
- The Car Polisher Is 4.5 Amp, Ac Only
- The Variable Speed Polisher Features Electronic Variable-Speed Dial 2,500-6,800 Opm
- Random Orbit, Swirl-Free Sanding/Polishing Action
This buffer maintained the lead for one of the highest speeds and the greatest features. It offers great value and is well worth having a reliable product you can count on.
Description: This random-orbit polisher is compact and features a 4.5-amp motor, which serves as high load protection. It is highly durable, offering a full ball and roller bearing construction, which allows it to perform well under industrial workloads. The leading buffer features a proprietary counter balance, which can be used with a 6-inch polishing pad.
It also features a comfortable and easy-to-control removable side handle that can be positioned either to the left or right. It accepts 5/16-24 spindle thread accessories. It’s ideal for polishing vehicles as well as marine projects. It includes the following:
- Porter-Cable 7424XP random orbit polisher
- Polishing pad
- Side handle wrench
- Operating instructions
Dewalt DWP849 Variable Speed Polisher
- The car polisher features powerful, 12 amp, all ball bearing construction for long life
- Electronic control of the variable speed polisher maintains specified speed under load delivering desired finish results
- Conveniently located variable speed dial of DEWALT polisher lets user set maximum speed from zero to 600/3500 rpm for...
This second-place option was not far behind first-place. This Dewalt boasts some great features, good durability, and reliabe attributes.
Description: This powerful 12.0-amp polisher has an all ball bearing construction motor. It maintains speed with an electronic control and has a variable speed dial so that you can adjust the speed from 600 to 3,500 opm, depending on your project. The speed trigger makes it easy to control how fast the buffer is spinning. The large spindle lock button allows quick backing plate changes. The Dewalt features external brush caps for easy servicing. It also proves to perform efficiently with its heat-treated, precision-cut steel gears. It includes the following:
- DeWalt DWP849 7-inch Polisher
- 2-position side handle
- Rubber backing pad
Griot’s Garage 10813STDCRD 6” Dual Action Random Orbital Polisher
No products found.
Griot’s Garage took third place, with great value, high quality, and impressive features.
Description: With variable speeds, this random orbital 6-inch polisher is safe and effective. Featuring dual action and a powerful 7-amp, 850-watt motor, it gets the job done efficiently. The handle is adjustable with a rubberized grip to add ease and comfort. The housing also has a domed, rubberized palm grip with molded finger and hand grips. The dial that controls the 6-speed settings is conveniently located with the power switch on top of the machine, allowing easy access. It includes the following:
- Griot’s Garage 10813STDCRD Random orbital polisher
- Velcro backing plate
- 10-foot power cord
Flex XC3401VRG Positive-Drive Rotary-Orbital Polisher
This buffer is well worth the investment. Packed with phenomenal features, this option is exceptionally reliable.
Description: This innovative, dual-action polisher is capable of imitating orbital movement similar to what the human hand can accomplish while polishing. It delivers a precise, smooth finish, minimizing streaks. Ergonomically designed for user comfort, its knob handle allows uniform movement and larger stroke lengths than other polishers.
It features a spindle lock automatic shut-off when the carbon brushes wear down. It also has an accelerator trigger switch, with overload protection. Although the unit contains temperature monitoring, not much surface heat develops due to the direct orbital drive.
Black and Decker WP900 6-Inch Random Orbit Waxer/Polisher
- Random-Orbit Action Assures A Uniform Finish - Fast For The Car Polisher
- Comfortable Two-Handle Design Of The Variable Speed Polisher Reduces Fatigue
- 10 Ft. Cord For Great Mobility
Black and Decker has a reputation for good quality at a low price. This polisher is an excellent value and is as reliable as it is durable.
Description: This high quality, fast-action random orbit polisher can tackle any project ranging from cars to boats. It produces a swirl-free finish and has a two-handle design that creates comfort as well as grip security. The 10-foot long cord aids in larger jobs. This buffer includes the following:
- Black and Decker WP900 6-inch random orbit waxer/polisher
- One foam applicator bonnet
- Two wool polishing bonnets
- 10-foot cord
Wen 6010 6-Inch Waxer/Polisher
- High performance 120 V, 0.5 amp permanent magnet motor
- 3500 rpm
- Ergonomically contoured palm and body-grip design for comfortable 1 or 2 hand use
The Wen is another good option for waxing your car. Wen has been perfecting their products for decades and has arrived at this durable and affordable orbiter.
Description: With a comfortable 2-handle design, the Black and Decker waxer and polisher includes an ergonomically contoured palm and body grip. It features a high performance 0.5-amp permanent magnet motor with on and off switches that are lockable. It includes the following:
- Wen 6010 6-inch waxer/polisher
- 6-inch terry cloth bonnet
Torq TORQX Random Orbital Polisher
- Polishes and removes swirls, scratches, and defects from all painted vehicles
- Developed for enthusiasts and professionals using heavy-duty construction
- Applies wax, sealant, and glaze in minutes
Torq is affordable, efficient, and even enjoyable to use. Its multi-use function helped to place this product in the top ten. With durable components, this tool was built to last for years.
Description: This durable design can handle professional, heavy-duty jobs. It can apply wax in just minutes and is easy to use. It provides maximum comfort with its streamline controls. The Torq uses a gentle dual-action motion that is easy on sensitive finishes, yet tough enough for more durable paint coatings. Its powerful motor won’t bog down during hardcore waxing or polishing jobs.
Lightweight and simple to use, this machine is great for beginners as well as professional detailers. In addition to spreading wax and buffing your vehicle with this tool, you can also clean up your headlights, remove scratches, and polish paint.
MAG.AL Hi-Spec 1200W Rotating Polisher
No products found.
Our next pick is this heavy-duty rotating 7-inch buffer that comes with a buffing kit. Not only will you enjoy waxing your car with this high-quality tool, but you may even find pleasure in accomplishing other tasks, such as detailing your car, cleaning your headlights, or buffing out your kitchen countertop.
Description: This 6-speed swirl-free tool will save you time and lessen the strain of the task. With an adjustable D-Style handle and a rubberized grip, you will be able to maneuver this buffer at the right angle for the job. Low vibration gearing increases user comfort. The kit includes the following:
- Hi-Spec heavy duty polisher
- 6-Speed variable wheel
- Two wool buffing and polishing covers
- Removable D-shaped handle
- 1200W polishing tool
Ryobi RB61G 6-Inch Corded Swirl-Free Orbital Buffer
- HIGH-POWERED: Works up to 4,800 Orbits Per Minute, perfect for applying wax onto cars
- ERGONOMIC GRIP made of molded, notched rubber allows you to work even when it’s wet outside
- POWER SWITCH is conveniently located on the sides for easy operation
This high-powered 0.5-amp orbital buffer ranks in the top ten for its great features and comfortable design. You get a great value for your money from this product.
Description: The Ryobi is a high-powered tool that makes the task of waxing your car convenient. It features an ergonomically-designed handle with molded, notched rubber that allows you to keep your grip for a longer period of time, even in wet weather. This buffer also has an easily accessible power switch. Included is the following:
- Ryobi RB61G 6-inch corded swirl-free orbital buffer
- Elastic band to keep bonnets in place and secure
- One application bonnet
- One polishing bonnet
- Operator’s manual
Meguiar’s G3500 DA Power System Tool
- VERSATILE: Excellent multipurpose tool for waxing, polishing and compounding to give your car a smooth, glossy finish...
- FAST AND EFFECTIVE: An easier way to detail your car by letting your drill do the work. Wax your whole car in less than...
- TAKE THE NEXT STEP: Bridge the gap between detailing by hand and professional machine tools. You get the speed, ease and...
This power tool differs from the others in the top ten because it attaches to a household drill. If you’re looking for a modular option that can be used with your existing tool set, this might be the buffer for you.
- Description: Meguiar’s power system tool is good for waxing your car. You can even make your vehicle shine in less than 30 minutes. It attaches to 3/8” corded drills that operate between 1,200 and 2,500 opms. Dual action allows for a gentle application and buffing.
There were a few other buffers that didn’t make the top ten that you may still want to check out, including Velidy, Workpro, Super PDR, Armorall, Pro-Lift, HomeRight, and WinnerEco.
Now that you have our thorough review of what we considered the top ten choices for the best car buffer, you may have a clearer perspective of how each buffer compares against others. Once you have fully evaluated the options with the information we have provided, you can make your selection and be on your way to completing the task of waxing your car.
You can have confidence knowing that your efforts to properly maintain your vehicle will benefit you greatly by preserving your car’s exterior and ultimately saving you money.
Last update on 2022-05-16 at 09:24 / Affiliate links / Images from Amazon Product Advertising API