How to a Paint a Car: The Basics
A lot of people think that repainting a car will be too hard to do and should be done by car professionals. However, with the use of the right approach, as well as having all the right information needed, you can easily paint your own car at home and obtain results that even most professional will be proud of.
There are a number of guidelines on how to paint a car on your own and here they are:
- First and foremost, it is best that you are well prepared and that you have already plan-out the job. Do not rush things, as well as the time spent when preparing your car. A little bit of care and attention to all the details in the stage of preparation can result in a huge difference between average paint jobs to a really good one.
- Select the best spray equipment that fits your budget. Take note that not all cheap and affordable ones guarantee a good result in the end. If you cannot afford to buy a decent spray gun and a compressor, you can always try renting one for just a day or two.
- Spray painting is like a number of things in life that needs practice. Before you decide to commit yourself to painting your car, it is always a good idea to become aware and familiar with everything there is about the spray gun.
- Lastly, gather as much information as you can before you begin painting. You should be extremely ready before starting anything.
Taking the time to learn and be aware of all of the basics about the repair and repainting of your car could only mean the difference between an automobile that you can truly be proud of from the one that you are embarrassed to show off to the public.
Average cost of the paint job for your car
Auto Painting definitely would bring back the glory of your car. There is nothing more refreshing than a newly painted exterior to rev up the image of and automobile. One question arise: How much does it cost to have an auto paint job? It would go as high as a thousand dollars depending on the paint used and the condition of the car. Of course, making sure that the one to do the job is qualified for the job would matter too.
When working with professionals, people can opt for a home service for a lower cost than have the job done in the car center. It really depends on how much money you can shed out to get astounding results. There are several factors to consider with the different qualities and the kind of product used.
To give yourself a better background on the prices of auto paint in the market, you can surf the internet with most acrylic enamel paint kits ranging from 40-55$ per gallon, acrylic urethane paint at 45-60$ per gallon and acrylic lacquer paint prices at 70-90$ per gallon. Prices differ with the color and the brand that you choose of course. On the other hand, automotive paint hardeners and activators which helps in cutting off the drying time in half and increases durability and resistance of paint from chipping range from 20-35$ per pint. Primers would start at 110$ per gallon; this serves as a high build filler that reduces coating per application. 2 gallons of paint should be enough to do the job.
If you are on a budget and let’s say would like to venture to paint your own car you can have self-help training to give you enough knowledge to guide you along the way. It would basically cut the cost by 30%!
How to select touch up paint for cars
Have you ever been in a situation where you needed to rush to your nearest motor store in order to buy some paint for your car to cover up some scratches and dent marks on the body of your car? Touch up paint for cars is a quick fix. This is one process that requires preciseness lest you will be sending your entire car for whole body work. Here, is a guide on how to choose the right color and type of the touch-up paint for your car.
- You need to make sure you have the right color code for the car. This can be easily found either on the cars number plate with the cars chassis number under the bonnet or the driver’s door through a sticker. Easier ways of making sure you have the correct color code are by going to a local mechanic and requesting him to locate it for you.
- Do not be confused about the car paint description and Paint color names. Manufacturers have a tendency to use new catchy names to describe pretty old colors. This means that the paint description is not necessary. The most valuable thing when searching for the best touch up paint for cars is the color code for the car that you wish to touch up.
- There are two types of paint colors, metallic and two-tone colors. For Metallic colors, you will notice some sheen in your car paint. This is a characteristic of purely metallic colors. On the other hand, if you don’t notice any sheen then you will be having a two-tone color combination or the two-tone color.
- Now that you know it’s either two-tone or metallic, you can narrow it further and check whether it will need a clear coat or tri-coat. In layman’s language, the Clear coat is just a remarkably clear and shiny layer of car paint applied over the base coat of any color used. This is mostly to make the base color shine.
Those are the basics you need to know when selecting paint for your car.