Best Suspension Lift Kits for Truck/Car/Jeep: Review 2017
The idea of a “best” of any product is subjective, That means- there’s no tried and true way to find the utmost best answer. The ideal suggestion is choose a lift kit that will get you as close to your end goal as possible.
Suspension lifts are great for raising the suspension of a particular vehicle. This buyers guide is designed to help you make the right decision. Note that these are general tips that apply to most 4x4s, and they focus on the realm of bolt-on products..
For you to have the best options, we reviewed top brands of suspension lifts like Rough Country, Skyjacker, Pro Comp, and other popular names in automobile industry.
Top 5 Picks: Editor’s Choice
|Pro Comp||Jeep TJ/ LJ '97-'06|
|Supreme Suspensions||1999 - 2006 Toyota Tundra|
|AIR LIFT 60818||Air Lift|
|Rough Country 60930||07-17 Jeep|
|AIR LIFT 25592||Air Lift|
Did not find the right fit above?
Which auto lift Kits will be right for you?
There’s a broad ranges of factors when it is time to choose an auto lift kit, such as your car’s model, the height you want to achieve, and, last but not least, your budget. So how do you come to a decision?
Factors that matters
- The size of the tires you want to fit onto your vehicle.
- How off the road it does and how you want to get technical
- How many times are you going to use the vehicle on the road
- If the car is a driver’s diary, you’ll want to consider the performance of gasoline you can afford to sacrifice
- How much money you are willing to spend.
Though here, we use the simple term “best lift kit”; there are actually two types of lift kits you should know. The Suspension lift and body lift. The purpose is the same, but the end result is different between the two.
As name suggests a body lift will only take up the height of your car’s body where suspension lift kits will not only lift the body of your truck but the entire suspension system as well.
Make the right selections and you’ll have more fun. Make the wrong selections and you’ll have painful experience.
- Short Review of 10 Best Car Suspension Lift Kits:
- 1. Pro Comp K3055 2″ Lift Kit with Coil and ES3000 Shocks for Jeep TJ/ LJ ’97-’06
- 2. Supreme Suspensions – Silverado Lift Kit 3″ Front Lift + 1.5″ Rear Lift
- 3. Supreme Suspensions – Toyota Tundra Full Lift Kit
- 4. Rough Country 609S 3.5″ Suspension Lift Kit for Jeep Wrangler
- 5. AIR LIFT 25592 Load Controller II On Board Air Compressor System
- 6. Skyjacker (TJ401BPH) 4″ Lift Pallet Kit
- 7. Tuff Country 52925 Suspension Lift Kit
- 8. ReadyLift 69-4510 Smart Suspension Technology Lift Kit
- 9. Rough Country – 7572 – Front Adjustable Track Bar for 1.5-4.5-inch Lifts for Jeep
- 10. AIR LIFT 60818 1000 Series Rear Air Spring Kit
- How to Choose the Best Lift Kits?
- Choose by the Type of Vehicle
- Determine how big of an elevator you want to put in your vehicle
- Make Sure About The Space
- Look at The Components
- Brand preference
- Doing the Scripture: How to Lift a Truck
- However, assuming you are going to install on your own, here’s what you need:
- As a process, the basic steps are:
- How Does a Suspension Lift Kit Work
Short Review of 10 Best Car Suspension Lift Kits:
The best just got better! Introducing the new suspension lift system from Pro Comp that comes with an advanced Reservoir Shock. It is the only monotube shock system on the market with great adjustability. With this Reservoir Shock, you can tune up your ride while maintaining proper handling and control.
Whether for leveling the height of your Expedition or boosting the off-road ability of your Jeep, you can surely trust this for your ride with this great inventory of suspension systems. Certainly, the race-inspired composition of reservoir shocks makes Pro Comp suspension lift kits the leader in off-road application. If you do install it yourself in your garage, it should take 3 to 4 hours.
Supreme Suspensions – Silverado Lift Kit using a 2x Aircraft Billet Strut Spacers and Solid Lift Blocks, which typically involves the passage of 3″. Very affordable lift spacer kits. Because of the size of the lift is relatively moderate, it does not affect the performance too much , nor the mileage massively effect Of the gas. Finally, when you have this Spacer Lift for your FJ and GMC Sierra 1500 nothing else needed to invest in a new set of wheels and / or tires to maintain aesthetics.
This kit, designed for the 2007 and 2008 – 2017 Chevy Silverado 1500 + GMC Sierra 1500 will give your Ford, Chevy, or Sierra some serious height. This is another fully loaded kit from Supreme Suspensions that includes all the necessary components to make sure your alignment and drivetrain angles don’t go out of whack once lifted. Easy ‘bolt-on’ installation takes only 2 – 4 hours and you are all set.
Think of a long travel lift kit like the Rolls Royce lift kits. Usually adding a lot of lift like 5-7 inches is common, but some equipment adds up to almost a foot. But Supreme Suspensions kit improves the ability of off-road forklifts immensely. What’s more, the Full Lift Kit makes your truck more stable at high speeds, without compromising ride quality.
If you have the intention to purchase a supreme suspension Aircraft Billet Strut Spacers and Lift Blocks, I highly recommend it. Also, there are CNC machined from solid Aircraft Billet that can make your car a monster off the road, but they will not spend much time in them here as they are quite technical.
Rough Country Kits are one of themost expensive ways to add significant amounts of truck lift, with most kits offering at least 4.5-4.75-inches of lift. They are called gaming stands because the installation of one requires the addition of a series of supports on the basis of the Jeep, and very often also require cutting the frame in the truck to complete the installation.
As long as you have the money to install the kit, wheels and tires, and whenever you are not too worried about heavy off-road capability, Rough Country lifting support kit give an awesome location. For this reason, they are very popular.
The disadvantage of these lifting support kits are:
- That can not be undone, at least not without a lot of time and money
- Compromise original frame of your truck – if not installed correctly, the truck will be weaker
- Raise the center of gravity of your jeep, which does not help heavy off-road performance
- But they all require you to invest in a new set of tires and wheels, as most trucks do not look “right” with common wheels.
Air Lift suspension systems are the most convenient and effective way to hoist your vehicle. These are innovative and heavy-duty air suspension systems that help bolster almost any kind of truck, SUV and jeep. The secret of this suspension lift kit is the adjustable air spring. Just add air to level and provide suspension to your rig when driving on adverse roads. And when you are done with your trip or work, you can back to the factory height of your vehicle by manually or using the available compressor kit option.
Why use Air Lift suspension system? The first thing that you will notice about this product is its adjustability feature that allows you to easily hoist and improve the suspension reliability of your vehicle. Aside from that, you can improve the loading capacity of your pickup truck between 1000 and 5000 pounds depending on the available kits. Having an Air Lift suspension kit installed on your truck, no more rear end sag and sway when carrying heavy loads. You can have proper steering and control using this product.
Skyjacker suspension lift kits are one of the toughest suspension kits available on the market today. These high performance suspension systems are used by many off-road professionals in many competitions. With this kind of truck product, your off-road vehicle will function with maximum power to take you to the next level in driving. Also, these legendary Skyjacker suspension lifts are for truck enthusiasts who want to enhance the on- and off-road ability of their vehicle.
When we talk about competition-proven suspension products, Skyjacker suspension lifts are one of the best products to consider. These innovative auto parts provide amazing features that will enhance the appearance and functionality of your vehicle. By lifting the body of your truck, you will have better ground clearance for bigger set of off-road tires. But the most important thing about Skyjacker suspension lift kit is its ability to provide improved suspension articulation to any kind of vehicle. This product gives you the maximum handling and control needed during an off-road adventure while providing the smooth street riding characteristics that you demand.
Tuff Country suspension lift kits offer the most reliable suspension system that you can avail at the most competitive price. Whether for on or off road application, these innovative automotive parts are designed and engineered to the highest standards. This is a complete solution in improving the appearance as well as performance of your vehicle. In addition, Tuff Country suspension lifts provide better suspension flex, making them ideal for heavy duty applications. So, get this powerful lift kit and feel the difference!
Tuff Country suspension parts and accessories are designed and perfected by expert engineers through years of professional study. All the bracket systems are inspected under strict supervision to ensure the quality and performance. Furthermore, this lift kit is made of the toughest components to survive extended use. For a proper fit, each bracket is cut to precise dimensions by means of a state-of-the-art computerized laser beam. So you see, Tuff Country focuses on the quality of their Tuff Country suspension lift kits which also make your favorite ride looks even better with it.
Ready Lift suspension lift kits provide an easy and cost-effective way to level the body of your truck. These revolutionary auto parts allow you to gain more clearance for bigger set of tires. While other types of lift kits cost thousands of dollars and require more hours to set up, the Ready Lift suspension lifts are less expensive and can be installed in a couple of hours. If you want to boost the performance of your rig without emptying your pocket, consider buying this product.
Hoisting the body of your favorite vehicle has never been easier with ReadyLift suspension lift kits. This easy-to-install auto performance product will not affect the factory ride quality of your truck. Instead, it will enhance the drivability and functionality of your ride. With Ready Lift suspension lift kit, you will experience smoother ride with proper level of your vehicle’s front and rear end even under heavy loads. Most importantly, this suspension product is especially made to give you power to tackle even the toughest terrains.
Rough Country offers a huge range of lift kits covering everything from a modest 2.5-inch lift, up to 6 or more inches of clearance. This particular kit includes all the necessary tools.
Rough Country lift kits are the best way to enhance the performance of your vehicle. These products help tune up your ride by providing increased suspension reliability and drivability. Each Rough Country suspension kit is especially designed to provide outstanding performance in the most extreme off-road conditions. Not to mention good on-road characteristics and ride quality. So whatever the road condition, Rough Country can give the suspension you need to boost your ride.
Installing this kind of auto product on your truck gives you full suspension articulation plus better ride control and handling. In addition, this revolutionary lift kit provides safety and comfort by isolating the driver from humps and road vibrations. The Rough Country suspension lifts will absorb some of the shock brought by extreme off road conditions. If you want to have time-tested, high performance suspension system for your vehicle, Rough Country lift kit is one great option.
AIR LIFT 1000 suspension lift kits offer design innovation and absolute top quality. These products are a perfect add-on to improve the functionality of your favorite ride. An AIR LIFT suspension lift kit allows you to provide a new height to your truck without sacrificing its factory ride quality. And the best thing about AIR LIFT products is the new level of performance they give to any kind of vehicle. Because AIR LIFT suspension products have fully adjustable air springs, you will able to level your vehicle when towing or hauling a heavy load.
If you want to unleash the true ability of your truck, AIR LIFT 1000 suspension lifts are the answers. Made of the sturdiest components, this kind of lift kit can endure the roughness terrain. In addition, each kit is carefully engineered to provide maximum suspension performance that you need during off road driving. Now, you can enjoy the great outdoors if your vehicle is equipped with this revolutionary auto product. With this suspension kit, experience better control and handling both on and off the road.
How to Choose the Best Lift Kits?
Selecting the best lift kits for your vehicle involves taking a number of different factors into consideration. These factors include the type of vehicle you are lifting, what the purpose of lifting the vehicle is, how the vehicle is driven, what size of tires you want to place in the vehicle and how much money you intend to spend on the elevator. An elevation kit is more than an aesthetic modification, as it can positively or negatively affect how you drive your vehicle, opera and units.
Choose by the Type of Vehicle
Compare lift and suspension options for your particular vehicle. Decide what features are important to you and what features are not. Some elevators can indeed be combined with other improvements in suspension so that your truck or SUV ride smoother; Others make your suspension less flexible and create a rougher ride.
Determine how big of an elevator you want to put in your vehicle
The higher the lift, the more expensive it will be and the more modifications you will have to perform on your vehicle in general in order to make it run properly and minimize the effect of lifting. Forklifts range from two inches to more than 10 inches, and typically cost between several hundred and several thousand dollars, depending on the size of the lift and the vehicle is meant to be.
Make Sure About The Space
If you are lifting your vehicle because you want to put larger, off-road tires on it, you will need to make sure that the lift gives you enough space for the tires to clean the body of the pickup without rubbing against the panels Of the body.
Look at The Components
Look at what suspension components are included in the lift kit. Different kits include different elements, such as shocks and adapters. When you look at the basic costs of lifting kits, do not forget to keep in mind the additional parts that you will have to buy in order to make your vehicle work properly. A lift kit that is $ 200 less than another may not be the best deal if you are going to have to buy an additional $ 300 in parts to make it fair.
Some lifts brands have a better reputation than others among certain groups, and some lifts are known to work better with certain types of vehicles.
Doing the Scripture: How to Lift a Truck
We are assuming that you are going to lift the truck, So the next section has a lot of technical information. However, professional installation should be considered seriously. Lift kits are usually not too complicated to install in terms of mechanics, but can be very difficult in terms of logistics. Professional installers usually have a hydraulic tool and air washer to make the installation, and they always have an assistant who can count during some parts of the elevator installation.
Read our another article on best nerf bars reviews
While the cost of professional installation, taking into account the time it can take to make the lift alone, and considering the fact that you are going to need tools and an assistant, paying to a professional deserves your serious consideration.
However, assuming you are going to install on your own, here’s what you need:
- At least half of a whole day of sun, and perhaps a weekend to complete the installation
- Hand tools that are large enough to remove the nuts and bolts of excess size are located underneath the van (pneumatic tools but would be better)
- A way to safely lift the truck off the ground
- If you are installing a support kit, you will need welding and cutting tools
- You’re probably going to need a spring compressor, but if you do not want to buy one, you’ll probably be able to get your local store to unzip and re-prime the springs for a small fee
- An aid and a pair of levers
- Took some parts to support axes and transfer cases-while working
As a process, the basic steps are:
- Remove the wheels
- Support the shaft or transfer case with a jack
- Loosen and remove springs and / or coil pack
- If you are installing a replacement kit for the suspension, you are likely to simply remove
- Replace a pair suspension (control arms and upper knuckle) and then reassemble
- If you are installing a spacer elevator, you can add tabs and remodel
- If you are installing a lift stand, you need to start removing the key components from the suspension and then start cutting
- If you are going to install a long trip-kit, you should stop reading about this on the internet and count on the help of a professional
- If you do not know what to do, this little article is not going to help
How Does a Suspension Lift Kit Work
- A suspension lift kit is used for raising the suspension of a particular vehicle. It is done by replacing the vehicle’s front and back leaf springs including its shocks. This kind of add-on to a vehicle makes the articulation and travel of suspension significantly better. Additionally, it permits the vehicle in accommodating taller tires. The installment of taller tires requires higher vertical clearance between the axles of a vehicle and the ground. The disadvantage of using a lift kit is that it causes “bump steer”. However, this negative effect can be reduced significantly by adding on some steering stabilizers.
- Making use of a lift kit on the rear of your vehicle is the best way on how you can increase the height that any existing suspension block has created. Negative effect of adding the said suspension blocks is “axle tramp”. It is the vibration of the axle under the acceleration of your vehicle. It may also affect the drive line angels of your vehicle. Keep in mind that it is never advisable to add suspension blocks to the front suspension. As for the price, lift kits for vehicular suspension can be costly. Nonetheless, they are efficient in terms of providing vertical clearance and vehicle handling
- .To achieve better results, you must opt for lift kits that measure from 4 inches to 6 inches. There are a number of kits that stand as high as 18 inches. Lift kits of this height are no longer advisable because they can compromise the safe handling of your vehicle drastically. These kinds of kits are typically used for hobbyists’ automobiles of showcase vehicles. The prices of suspension lift kits vary depending on their types or models. There are a lot of many manufacturers out there that produce these lift kits. Remember that for your vehicle suspension jobs. You will not spend money only for these lift kits but also for new tall tires.
- There are different types of lift kit used for suspension. These include SPOA or Spring Over Axle, SR or Shackle Reverse, Shackle, Coil Suspension and Lifted Spring. The Spring Over Axle is a very popular type among crock crawlers who look for the greatest articulation. The best articulation means the best travel of wheels up and down. The shackle Reverse lift kits are used for trucks to enable smooth rides on deserts, scenic trails and even forests. The shackle is considered as the most affordable among all types of lift kits for suspension. This type is widely used by truck enthusiasts who want to have their rig replaced by larger tires but do not intend to drive on hardcore off- roads. It is believed that shackle affects the steering system and sway control of a vehicle. The coil suspension is the most widely used type of lift kit for the best 4- wheel drive vehicles in the world. Lastly, the lifted spring is the most commonly used lift kit for trucks across the globe. The installment of this kit is very easy.
- Before buying a suspension lift kit, you need to identify the main purpose of having it added on to your vehicle. Since these products are available in a wide variety, you will never find it hard to find the right one for your vehicle and needs. The choice you make of the type of kit should primarily depend on the off- roading type you are going to do. Do not forget that lift kits for truck and car suspension are differently designed for various types of terrain. There are different styles available for lift kits which can cause major alterations to the attitude and altitude of your rig. Therefore, careful considerations must be taken to satisfy your lift needs.
Whether for hitting the dirt or street driving, we certainly give you the source to find the most fitting suspension kit for your vehicle. By having a lift on your truck or SUV, you are able to place bigger off-road tires. Also, most of our suspension kits have been known to produce champions in the world of extreme car sports. This fact is already a clue that our wide assortment of suspension lift kits provides longevity and optimum performance. Aside from improving the capability, the new height brought in the truck suspension systems and SUV lift kits will bring a major difference in the look of your favorite ride.
Look no further because all suspension parts and accessories for your ride are here! For you to have the best options, Amazon is filled with top brands of suspension lifts like Skyjacker, Pro Comp and other popular names in automobile industry.